Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Il fait chaud

That's French for it's effing hot. Today I decided to pretend 100 degrees isn't all that bad, and I went for a bike ride. That was dumb. 100 degrees is that bad. And they say it'll be like this for another month. God I can't wait for October.

Anyway, since I last posted, not too much has happened. LeeAnne is absolutely swamped with school. Between teaching 2 French courses and taking 2 PhD classes and an intro to Arabic course, she's pretty much buried in books from the moment she gets up to the moment she goes to bed. So, for those of you thinking, "Hmm, getting a PhD sounds sounds like a larf," think again.

I enrolled in a French class at the local community college. That has been pretty fun. And I'm thinking about taking a ping pong class at the Chinese community center. Also, Bergie and I both signed up for El Tour de Tucson, or simply El Tour for the locals. It's a 109 mile bike ride around Tucson. The ride is in November, so we have a little time to train. Leave it to Bergie sign up for a century ride after only 3 weeks of road biking. My ass is sore just thinking about it.

This coming weekend is Labor Day, which normally would mean the Beach Resort with my pals. So, I'm totally getting all nostalgic feeling for boozing down at the camp fire, smoking an entire pack of cigarettes in one night, making breakfast for my friends, working on crossword puzzles, biking to Bayfield, playing rock baseball, making fun of Mooshoo, Tom, Alice (and her retarded sister), and doing that Beach Resort thing. Lock us in for Memorial Day.
I've only got one picture to share. We bought some cacti to spruce up our patio. The one on the left is a Funny Bunny. The one on the right is called an Eve's Pen. Pretty cool, eh?

Hope everyone is well.

Godfrey

P.S. Arizona is a State of Mind

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite arizona blog!

if it makes you feel any better, no one is going to the beach resort this weekend. so, we'll save it all up for next memorial day and have a blowout!

Anonymous said...

Ping pong ... awesome! Have a great weekend ... I'll be in Spring Grove getting myself in all sorts of trouble. The new cacti are dope.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if dope hostas can be replaced by dope cacti

Tom said...

I still have my dope hostas in the house on Nicollet, Lori. I would never try to replace them. They, like you, have a special place in my heart. Ahhhhhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh