Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Confucious Say

Man who jumps off cliff, jumps to conclusion.

So, sometimes we feel like we jumped off a big cliff moving to Arizona. It's neat and all - beautiful mountains. Cool cacti. Interesting wildlife. Warm weather. But coming from a place full of friends, with a comfortable house, with somewhat of a routine and going to a place that has none of that can sort of wear you down every once in a while. Bergie and I both feel it from time to time.

We're working on it, though. And I'm still glad we came. On Sunday, we started our first weekly training ride with the Greater Arizona Bicycling Association. We and about 30 other people went on a 30 mile ride at 6:00 AM. We're going to do that weekly, gaining in mileage each week until the 109 mile El Tour de Tucson on November 17. We didn't make any new friends on Sunday, but we did lots of smiling and chatting and stuff - the kinds of things that lead to friends. I'll bring cookies this Sunday. That's bound to work.

Anyway - confucious also say - he who drops watch in toilet have shitty time.

There's no watch in my toilet just yet. Hope the same for all of you.

Hugs,
Godfrey

P.S. Arizona is a State of Mind

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I'm wearing a sweater today. Can you believe it!? Second, keep smiling at those stragers in spandex ... It took me 5 years of living in this state before I met ya. Then, it took me another year to like you. Ha! Just kidding! Expect a drunk call or two this weekend ... hugs back atcha. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think of you both often. Tom, I love the blog. LeeAnne, hope school is going well. We will have to catch up SOON! Love, skeebs

Anonymous said...

Suck it up, Sad Sack! If you don't want to hang out with yourself, why would anyone else?

PS- We get it. It's an effin' state of mind. Let it go.

Austin

Tom said...

Pennsylvania is a state of bitches.