Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Free Bird!!!

Why is it that every effing concert you go to, at some point in the show, usually while the lead is re-tuning his guitar, some dickweed has to yell "Freebird!"? This is done as if it's some hi-lariously clever quip that he or she just dreamed up on the spot. It isn't too uncommon to see this turd looking around for high-fives after pulling off this feat comedic genius. And the sad thing is, he's friends are usually equally retarded, so they reward the douche with praise. "Ha. Good one, Bry."

I'm pretty sure these Freebirders are the same idiots that say "You shouldn't have," when you're carrying flowers. And you can ask anyone. I'm the king of corny, semi-retarded jokes. Like, I can almost never pass up a chance to say "it's all pink on the inside." And I laugh at almost anything. Like, what do you get if your cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? El-if-I-no! That's some funny shit. But what I can't laugh at is dumbasses using the same tired ass jokes over and over when the jokes weren't ever funny in the first place.

So, this little tirade all stems from our outing this weekend. We went to the Josh Rouse concert here in Tucson. He played the Hotel Congress - a great little venue, by the way. And the show was pretty good. He can sometimes be a pretty mellow singer, and some of his songs venture into wussville, but for the most part, he rocks, and he's great live. At one point, someone from the crowd yelled Freebird. I muttered "dipshit" under my breath, and the show went on. But then we started to notice this other weirdo at the show. Bergie and I had gotten there early, so we we standing right up at the front, and this tool was standing next to us. During every song, he listened with his eyes closed, smiling widely, and swaying to the music, and then after each song, he'd lean forward to get as close to Josh Rouse as possible, which was relatively close in this venue, and he'd say "Thank you sir. We really appreciate you visiting Tucson, sir. Play His Majesty Rides, please." (That's one of his songs - one I don't really care for, actually.) And he did that after every song. Always emphasizing the "SIR." I'm sure I'm not doing it justice, but the guy was just creepy. They way he listened to the music with his eyes closed, and his persistence - it just seemed way too much. The funny thing is that I could see the set list from where I was standing, and His Majesty Rides was on it, but Rousey skipped it - I think just to stick it to that creepy mofo.

We also had our first visitor since moving down here. Madge McInerny was in town for a conference, so we took her out to the Desert Museum. It was great to see a familiar face. Thanks for coming down, Margaret.

That's about all of interest. Friday is Bergie's birthday. I've got top secret plans. We'll come back with all sorts of pics, though, so I'll update the blog on Sunday or Monday.

We miss you all tons!

Hugs,

Godfrey

P.S. Why don't bears eat clowns? Because they taste funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, LeeAnne! Hope it's a good one.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom, Alyssa just forwarded me your blog. You'll have to check mine out at jesserosel.com. I can see I'll need to come up with some pretty good jokes. BTW, we're going to Josh Rouse on Saturday here in Minneapolis. I'll look for the weirdo and tell him you said hi.

Later.

Jesse